church methods, church models, difficult, eloquent, formulas, grammatically correct, humble, lengthy, man-made methods, man-made models, memorized, peddled techniques, prayers, praying, programs, repeated, simple, sincere
The world is full of so-called prayer warriors who are prayer-ignorant. They’re full of formulas and programs and advice, peddling techniques for getting what you want from God. Don’t fall for that nonsense. This is your Father you are dealing with, and he knows better than you what you need. With a God like this loving you, you can pray very simply. Like this:
Our Father in heaven,
Reveal who you are.
Set the world right;
Do what’s best—
as above, so below.
Keep us alive with three square meals.
Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.
Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil.
You’re in charge!
You can do anything you want!
You’re ablaze in beauty!
Yes. Yes. Yes. ~ Matthew 6:7-13, MSG
In 2018, for my family and friends, I pray the following nine simple prayers:
1. May your family and friends be blessed.
2. May your family and friends be loved.
3. May your health be robust.
4. May your heavenly treasures be abundant.
5. May your worries be erased from your mind.
6. May your pains and sorrows be less.
7. May you be loving to everyone.
8. May you be kind to everyone.
9. May you be blessed because you blessed others.
In Jesus’ name, I pray. AMEN!