One of the fun activities that my Facebook friends enjoy doing is posting either 25 or 30 random things about themselves that they believe very few of their online friends know. This page, thus, consists of my shared random things, which, prior to my online postings, only were known by my closest friends. My 30 random things are:
1. I love God more than I ever loved anyone else.
2. I earnestly and happily have surrendered my life to Christ’s Lordship.
3. I never played with any dolls.
4. I never dated during high school.
5. I have been criticized for sounding “too white,” when I talk.
6. Snakes creep me out.
7. I have been raped twice: once as a young girl and once as a young woman.
8. I never learned how to swim.
9. I have been criticized for being so heavenly minded that I am NO earthly good.
10. My favorite color is blue.
11. My childhood diseases were Rheumatic Fever (age 5) and German Measles (age 9).
12. I have had 2 significant surgical procedures: (1) Partial Hysterectomy (because of fibroid tumors); and (2) Orthopedic Surgery (because of fractured bones in right ankle and right calf).
13. I have my maternal Grandmother’s “watery” eyes—extremely sensitive to wind, cold, sunlight, and so forth.
14. I am an early riser.
15. I preached my initial sermon on September 8, 2002 at Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church.
16. I am allergic to Demerol, Amoxicillin, and Penicillin.
17. The saxophone is my favorite instrument.
18. I read people very well.
19. The caption under my high school yearbook senior picture reads: Soul sister . . . knows all dances.
20. Back when I wore classic wire-rim glasses and had a big round afro, people used to say that I looked like Angela Davis.
21. I am a Vietnam Era veteran. I served my country as a member of the United States Air Force.
22. I always wanted to have a girl.
23. I wish I had a middle name.
24. I love most nuts, and pistachios are my favorite.
25. I am the ideal optimist.
26. One of my spiritual gifts is “helps.” I always have had the desire and the ability to help others, which is why I became a teacher, and why I always have had a heart for serving God.
27. I have a peaceable spirit, but that doesn’t mean that I cannot deal with confrontations.
28. Roller coasters give me a natural high.
29. I still love to listen to music by the Temptations, Ebonys, Unifics, Temprees, and so many more 60s and 70s R&B singers.
30. Gospel Music tugs at my heartstrings.